AmigaActive (1718/2143)

From:James S Crowley
Date:26 May 2000 at 21:44:24
Subject:DOpus/AACDPrefs Trouble

Hi, I hope someone here can help me sort out a few problems I've got
with DOpus and AACDPrefs.

I guess this first one is for Neil :)
I know that AACDPrefs is meant to be fixed but it is still giving me
a headache. Changing the Filetype to DOpus and saving it brings up
the message 'Error 41 in line 260'. The window then locks up and I
have to use SysInspector to kill it. Another thing I've noticed is
that trying to edit the MUI settings brings up another message 'Error
15 in line 260 - Function not found'. This leads to the same
unresponsiveness as before. I've also put Autostart in my WBStartup
hoping to have the Welcome page load straight up but it doesn't :(
I've had a look with SnoopDOS and all the assigns seem to be made
okay, but it just stops after those even if the AACDLoad variable is
set to always load the Welcome page.

This next probem is for anyone :)
If I tick the Exclusive Startup/Shutdown sound checkbox in DOpus'
Sound Settings only one sound should be played. I still get two at
startup because of some buttons loading. Is this right? I also play a
sample at shutdown but DOpus quits before its finished playing the
sample! Can I get it to wait a little longer somehow? I've just
finished installing some great glowicons from OpusGIBar but there's a
problem...If I use a two image icon for the start bar the previous
image doesn't vanish when I select /unselect so I'm left with a
mess :( I'm using a single image icon now but I was wondering if
anyone else had the same problem.
One last thing...I've tried to use the PopDevice arexx script to
popup and close listers on disk entry and removal but PC0: doesn't
seem to notify DOpus when I take the disk out :{ I'm using the
Workbench version of CrossDOS and I'm not sure if that's why. DF0:
works fine as long as I disable the NoClick option in MCP. Any ideas?

I know there are a fair few things here (I've been saving them :) )
and I'd be really grateful if anyone could help with some of this.
For info I'm using OS3.5 with DOpus II 5.82 as WBR.

Thanks in advance,
James Crowley

Old school buds here: